If your family is anything like ours, we LOVE easy-healthy snacks. Granola Bars just happen to be one of those things our pantry can’t live without. But, like many things that are packaged, there are lots of hidden ingredients inside or they are packed full of sugar! We have lots of recipes for different granola bars depending on what mood we are in or what we happen to have around the cupboards. This one happens to be a favorite of everyone’s (probably due to the dark chocolate/sea salt finish). Try it at home and let us know what you think!
Crunchy Chocolate Granola Bars:
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Flaxseed Meal
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Dates
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- 60g Chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt for Sprinkling
- Pre-Heat Oven to 175 degrees C. Spread out the Oats and Slivered Almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 min until Golden Brown and Lightly Toasted.
- Meanwhile, Mix the Flaxseed Meal, Coconut, and Sea Salt in a Bowl and Set Aside.
- Add the Chopped Dates to a Separate Bowl.
- Combine Almond Butter, Coconut Oil and Syrup in a Saucepan and Heat to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Immediately upon boil, add the hot mixture to the Dates and mix.
- Add the toasted Oats/Almond Slivers to the Dry Ingredients.
- Add All of the Dry ingredients to the Hot Dates Mixture and Mix until Fully Combined.
- Spread Mixture in a Baking Dish covered with Parchment Paper.
- With another piece of Parchment Paper, press the mixture until firmly packed into baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes until golden brown.
- Cool Completely before Cutting (Makes 8-10 bars).
- Store in Refrigerator or Can be Frozen for Later.
Chocolate Drizzle Instructions:
- While cooling, you can heat the Chocolate and Coconut Oil in a Microwave Proof Bowl until melted. Drizzle the Cooled/Cut Bars with the Chocolate mixture, or Dip Corners into Mixture. Sprinkle Sea Salt over Chocolate and Let Cool.