My family is in love with the Buddha Bowl craze at the moment. Easy to please a family of 4 with very different tastebuds; delicious, nutritious and filling; and appealing to the eye…what more could you ask for!!! We created this Crispy Chickpea with Red Pepper Dressing Beauty last night, and it was so good I had to share the recipe with you all.
Crispy Chickpea Buddha Bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked Chickpeas, Rinsed and Dried (can use 1 can for convenience)
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Red Pepper Dressing-
- 1 Whole Red Bell Pepper, Cored and Seeded
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Thumb sized piece of Ginger Root (peeled)
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water
Everything Else (We use whatever is in refrigerator. Can be as creative as you want with toppings)-
- Portobello Mushroom
- Feta (optional)
- Dried Cranberries (optional)
- Start by cooking the Quinoa. Bring Water to boil, then once boiling, add Quinoa. Simmer for about 15 min until all water is absorbed. When done, remove from heat and keep covered for about 10 min so Quinoa can absorb last of water.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a bowl, toss chickpeas, oil, and spices until chickpeas are evenly coated. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake chickpeas for 15 min. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
- To make red pepper dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a blender/food processor and blend until smooth. (Left overs, store in refrigerator).
- Extra Ingredients. Steam carrots and asparagus slightly (if desired). Or leave raw if you prefer extra crunch. Heat 1 tsp oil in pan and sauté mushrooms with a dash of salt until softened (if desired). Can keep raw. Bake pumpkin with a drizzle of oil and dash of salt at 475 F until softened. Cut into chunks.
- Assemble: In bowl, add quinoa as the base. Top with chickpeas, spinach, carrots, asparagus, mushrooms, pumpkin, avocado, feta and cranberries. Drizzle everything with red pepper sauce and enjoy.